Aerogels

Product information


The silica solids, which are poor conductors, consist of very small, three-dimensional, intertwined clusters that comprise only 3% of the volume. Conduction through the solid is therefore very low. The remaining 97% of the volume is composed of air in 
extremely small nanopores. The air has little room to move, inhibiting both convection and gas-phase conduction.

These characteristics make aerogel the world’s lowest density solid and most effective thermal insulator. The outstanding thermal properties of aerogels have been studied for decades, but Aspen Aerogels has developed a technically and economically viable form of aerogel for industrial insulation uses. Our unique process integrates aerogel into a fiber-batting reinforcement to create flexible, resilient, durable aerogel blankets with superior insulating properties.

We are a designated distributor of Aspen Aerogel in Norway and delivers Aerogels on rolls or pre-cut lengths for easy installation (watch the video by clicking here). Aerogels are also often delivered in combination with other pre-fabricated Benarx products.